Pinegar Gals

This is a blog for all the girls in the Pinegar pack. We have a love/hate relationship with The Bachelor but have decided that it's more love than hate, especially since the show gives daughters, moms, sisters, cousins, aunts and a grandma like us the chance to span the distance between states and even countries and feel connected. So here's our blog, sure to be filled with rantings, disagreements, nausea, anxiety, gasping, gagging, giggling and hopefully a couple "aww" moments. Enjoy!

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Woof.

After several midterms (four in one week...really, BYU?), I was finally able to watch the Bach when everybody else in the world was watching the Super Bowl. Anyways, I am furious at Jake. I'm totally with Grandma, Corrie seems like the only real girl and even though I was so uncomfortable when she was trying to get him to kiss her in the boat, I was really starting to like her. I think she's right, I think if they had been just dating each other, things could have worked really well between them. Whatever, she's better than Jake. Good for her for saving it for marriage. I wish she hadn't tried to make it less of a big deal before the rose ceremony. She's got nothing to be ashamed of.
Even though I liked Corrie, I'm TOTALLY team Gia, and have been for awhile now. I was a little distracted by her insane lips at first, but I really like her. She's the only one who still treats Vienna like a human being, even though she doesn't really like her. I don't know, I think it's endearing how self-conscious Gia is. I think Tenley will probably end up winning and Ali will be the next bachelorette, but I still like Gia best.
My favorite moments were:
  • Vienna fake crying and caring a lantern (!?!) around that castle.
  • Vienna saying "What if I went down to see him?" and Gia saying, "That would be weird."
  • Jake saying he definitely had dirty thoughts when Vienna came into his room at the castle, and then when they showed his face when she walked in he looked totally disgusted.
  • Jake's cheesey, empty statements like, "I could definitely be falling for this girl" and "I'm ready to just let myself go and fall into love." Barf.
  • Jake's turtleneck on his date with Tenley.
  • When Ali was like, "Feel my pulse, it just went through the roof." So rude. Vienna was sitting right there. Ali's a brat.
  • When Vienna said she wanted marriage to be like teenage puppy love and then she made that crazy noise and grabbed his face and kissed him. Yikes.
Vienna has to be a producer's choice. Jake never seems happy to be with her; he always looks really uncomfortable. Even when he took her down to that balcony, he didn't seem that into it. I don't know. I don't buy it that Jake has been holding back with her just so he won't push other girls away. And I don't like to get down on anyone about what they look like, but she's got to do something about her hair and make up. She just always looks thrashed. Oh well, Aunt Lisa is right, it would be a boring season without her.
I'm excited for hometown dates. They're always good for a laugh (remember Molly's parents on Jason's season? I swear they made up that hat thing just to look like they had some quirky tradition. Lame.) I'm excited for the drama. I don't know who's at the door, but they pull this every season. Last season like, six guys came back. And Deeana came back to talk to Jason, so I just don't know. I don't feel like Jake made a strong enough bond with any of the girl's he's cut to justify any of them coming back. Unless it's Rozlyn and she explains herself.
Well, that's all I have. I'm excited for tomorrow's episode. Love to hear what the rest of you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment