Pinegar Gals

This is a blog for all the girls in the Pinegar pack. We have a love/hate relationship with The Bachelor but have decided that it's more love than hate, especially since the show gives daughters, moms, sisters, cousins, aunts and a grandma like us the chance to span the distance between states and even countries and feel connected. So here's our blog, sure to be filled with rantings, disagreements, nausea, anxiety, gasping, gagging, giggling and hopefully a couple "aww" moments. Enjoy!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Gone Too Soon/Here Too Long

I'm a little put out. I finally learned Jessie's name, and what does Jake do? He kicks her to the curb. AND, to top it all off, he keeps She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. UGH!


I'm torn in my conviction of thinking that the producers are making him keep her. I mean, he's been so forceful with getting rid of girls already that it's hard to think that they'd put their foot down on one girl, BUT you can just tell that he is not into her AT ALL anymore. Though I do have an additional theory: did anyone notice the way he said bye to Jessie? He thanked her for her advice and looked her deep in the eyes and said that he had heard every word she had said. THEN, at the toast at the end of the night with the five remaining girls, he thanked them for being patient with him and trusting him. Do you think that he's maybe keeping... Vienna... around for some other purpose? Like to see how the other girls react? Or to reveal her as a witch and then burn her at the stake? I don't know. He doesn't seem like a manipulative person. But I really can't believe that he wants to keep her around. He just can't. I mean, he told her he thinks she eggs things on for herself and he hardly touches her. Ugh.


Ok. Next item of business: I think I like Gia more than Ali now. Actually, I don't think; I do. I'm sad that Ali has been so catty lately. I know every person has their angry side, but hers is getting embarrassing. And contrast that with Gia, who actually tries to be nice to Viennamort, even though she doesn't want to. While most really girly-girls nauseate me, she is so sweet and genuine, that I actually like her. Their date was so heart-warming. She was so honest and natural. I laughed so hard when she wanted to hide in the vineyard, like there would actually be a place to hide. I thought it was so cute when they played spin the bottle. And you know I almost cried when she said she wanted to adopt a Chinese girl. I especially loved how they were both losers in High School and now they're these gorgeous people who don't really know how hot they are. It's great. I hope she makes top two.

That being said, I still think that Jake and Tenley are the best fit. I think Gia is great, but I don't know if they'd work out long-term. Jake and Tenley though; they are PERFECT for each other, aren't they? They are both genuinely sweet people who find the good in things and who say some things that are a little awkward/cheesy, but they don't mean them to be. I can totally see them being married and with kids within a couple years. I love Tenley.

I also really love Jake this season. I think he's my favorite bachelor they've ever had, which is a total surprise for me. He's so unashamed about his faith in God which is completely admirable. He's straightforward and doesn't want to play games. He's for sure there to find a wife, not to mess around. And he's so good-looking. Plus, because he gets a lot more camera time, he doesn't come off as a weak, cry-baby. He comes off as a man. And I love men.

I'd also like to reiterate how much I love Chris Harrison. I want to buy a dog and name it after him.
He's just so loyal and likable. Plus, he's good on his toes. Was anyone else impressed with his impromptu speech about Jake taking away one of the roses?

I can't wait till next week. And I really hope that we do a season finale get together. I love you guys!

2 comments:

  1. I just have to say that when I read this I felt like I had written it instead of you. I really don't even need to write my own blog - I just need to say, "Ditto" to yours. But, I don't because I hate that line from "Ghost" and it made me sick when I first heard it. But, 'ditto' anyway. And ditto on "strumpet" and "brazen hussy" - more please...

    ReplyDelete